1994-04-22 - Re: DId you ever think…

Header Data

From: “Perry E. Metzger” <perry@snark.imsi.com>
To: beckman@sauron.cs.hope.edu (Peter Beckman)
Message Hash: 7face6fae389275d4091882f612076b8ea941a32aa1019b09ca292550bed5e61
Message ID: <9404221636.AA01434@snark.imsi.com>
Reply To: <9404221630.AA02111@sauron.hope.edu>
UTC Datetime: 1994-04-22 16:36:44 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 22 Apr 94 09:36:44 PDT

Raw message

From: "Perry E. Metzger" <perry@snark.imsi.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 94 09:36:44 PDT
To: beckman@sauron.cs.hope.edu (Peter Beckman)
Subject: Re: DId you ever think...

Peter Beckman says:
> Did anyone ever think that maybe, just maybe, PGP was developed, and
> before the programmer started giving it away for free, that he was
> paid by the government to give them the key which can unlock ANY PGP
> locked document/file/etc???

Individuals without much to do and with active fantasy lives can
always come up with interesting paranoid scenarios, so I'm sure
someone has thought this.

However, because the complete source code to PGP is available and has
been read by many people, the odds that this has been done are as
close to zero as one could care to name.

Perry

Thread