1994-04-15 - Backup Encrypted DOS Partitions?

Header Data

From: Bruce MacKay <bmackay@ug.cs.dal.ca>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 87b536d2244c3cd3de11b1277900eabc050d34222daf713dd9985bf9742cc9af
Message ID: <94Apr15.120740adt.55@ug.cs.dal.ca>
Raw Date: Fri, 15 Apr 94 08:07:49 PDT

Raw message

From: Bruce MacKay <bmackay@ug.cs.dal.ca>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 94 08:07:49 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Backup Encrypted DOS Partitions?

Hi, excuse me if this is in a FAQ someplace, but I'm new to this list.

I am looking for a secure way to backup a SECDRV encrypted partition.

I have a large enough partition that I want to use a Colorado Jumbo 250 Tape.
All of the tape backup software that I have seen is based on DOS file copies.
What I need is something that will do a byte by byte copy of the entire
partition.

Obviously I want my backups encrypted so that they may be safely stored
off site.

Is there software out there that will do the job?  I don't object to writing
something if I can get the Quick80 specs from some place.  (I'm looking for
something that is DOS based.  No Windoze apps, please!)

Any help would be appreciated.
--

Bruce Mackay                              | Finger ug for my PGP public key.
InterNet Address: bmackay@ug.cs.dal.ca    |

Thread