1994-04-19 - Re: Intolerance on the list

Header Data

From: “Jim Sewell - KD4CKQ” <jims@Central.KeyWest.MPGN.COM>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 8a048797bafbc07af4c18f2ff7dd34ec30bce86dac55f3a9110b8ccff2b0f1b6
Message ID: <9404192019.AA10656@Central.KeyWest.MPGN.COM>
Raw Date: Tue, 19 Apr 94 13:20:05 PDT

Raw message

From: "Jim Sewell - KD4CKQ" <jims@Central.KeyWest.MPGN.COM>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 94 13:20:05 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Intolerance on the list

<My computer told me that Russell Whitaker said:>

>> 	My job is important to me.  Learning about cryptography is going to
>> help me protect my systems and my messages.  I have no desire to eavesdrop on
>> what you or anyone else is doing on this list.  I merely want to learn, and
>
> Your motivations seem clear enough to me.  Dig in!  Enjoy yourself here, and I
> look forward to your participation.

  I also agree with Russell.  Although the organization for which you work
  may be unnerving to some, they should be willing to give you a shot at
  being an ok kinda guy as a freethinking individual.

  Besides that, has anyone considered this:
	 If the good Sargeant here gets his system secured with PGP
     and Uncle Sam (via the President's efforts) says everything
	 else is bad, you must use clipper... wouldn't it be good
	 ammo to say 'Hey guys!  Site x.y.z is secured to military
 	 satisfaction by using PGP.  Clipper is somewhat weak and you
 	 even admit it by not allowing it to secure classified info.
 	 I think it would be great ammo in blowing up the Information
 	 Super-Highway-Patrol.

   Keep asking your questions and thinking freely!
 			Jim

--
   Tantalus Inc.        Bringing people together     Jim Sewell-KD4CKQ
2407 N. Roosevelt Blvd.   to have a little fun.  Internet: jims@mpgn.com

Thread