1994-04-18 - Re: Laundering money through commodity futures

Header Data

From: “Perry E. Metzger” <perry@snark.imsi.com>
To: tim werner <werner@mc.ab.com>
Message Hash: a508be7ae734a064581e68ab19bf84cd5b00b77612830338f78980f951c21a7a
Message ID: <9404181558.AA03574@snark.imsi.com>
Reply To: <199404181554.LAA13178@sparcserver.mc.ab.com>
UTC Datetime: 1994-04-18 15:58:35 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 18 Apr 94 08:58:35 PDT

Raw message

From: "Perry E. Metzger" <perry@snark.imsi.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 94 08:58:35 PDT
To: tim werner <werner@mc.ab.com>
Subject: Re: Laundering money through commodity futures

tim werner says:
> >In that case, please provide the time, place, and location -- also
> >provide references to original sources so that we can look it up
> >ourselves.
>
> I took a probability class in the early '70s.  The prof explained the
> progressive betting system and told us the Monte Carlo story.  As I recall,
> it took place in the late 1700s.  That's all I can remember,

Urban Legend time, anyone?

Sorry, Tim, but this really doesn't cut it.

In any case, I defy you to actually demonstrate that you can
successfully launder any significant amount of money with the scheme
you have described.

Perry

Thread