1994-04-24 - Re: Crypto toolkit

Header Data

From: Tortoise <68954@brahms.udel.edu>
To: cypherpunks <cypherpunks@toad.com>
Message Hash: b0b0306f0d04f313bf0c4d4a5299e6a3805056de00805ae0f05456be721ff359
Message ID: <Pine.3.89.9404241222.A6052-0100000@brahms.udel.edu>
Reply To: <199404241620.JAA14255@jobe.shell.portal.com>
UTC Datetime: 1994-04-24 16:47:36 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 24 Apr 94 09:47:36 PDT

Raw message

From: Tortoise <68954@brahms.udel.edu>
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 94 09:47:36 PDT
To: cypherpunks <cypherpunks@toad.com>
Subject: Re: Crypto toolkit

On Sun, 24 Apr 1994, Hal wrote:

> If you want a C toolkit, a good example already exists: the PGPTOOLS package
> by Pr0duct Cypher.  It is available by ftp from csn.org in /pub/mpj to
> US citizens, and probably from some European crypto sites as well.  This has
> a bignum package as well as interfaces to IDEA and RSA encryption.  It also
> supports processing of PGP message formats and key rings.  The latest
> version has code for Diffie-Hellman key exchange.

	I went to this site to pick up PGPTOOLS but apparently it's moved
or something, since the pub/mpj directory doesnt exist and when I scanned
some other directories I didnt find it.  Does anyone know another pointer
to this package?

	You're eqipped with a hundred billion nueron brain, that's
	wired and fired, and it's a reality generating device, but
	you've got too do it.  Free youself  ----Tim Leary----

Thread