1994-04-11 - fermats theorem. possible urban legend

Header Data

From: Grand Epopt Feotus <68954@brahms.udel.edu>
To: cypherpunks <cypherpunks@toad.com>
Message Hash: b1ed85a5e7230d618411bc097bf67bfaa9d129a99c414bc4a72f83d010b9d951
Message ID: <Pine.3.89.9404102145.A23141-0100000@brahms.udel.edu>
Raw Date: Sun, 10 Apr 94 18:34:37 PDT

Raw message

From: Grand Epopt Feotus <68954@brahms.udel.edu>
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 94 18:34:37 PDT
To: cypherpunks <cypherpunks@toad.com>
Subject: fermats theorem. possible urban legend

While ona  BBS someone brought up something about Fermat's Last THerorem
being proven and that renders all crypto broken.  After trying to figure
out what the hell this person was talking about I figured that he
apparently believes that all encyptian schemes are based on large
numbers, and since Fermats Theoremn is something like proving that youca
find the solution for a^n + b^n = c^n   that all of the codes are broken.

	Now please dont mistake me for someone who has fallen for this,
but I am just wondering what the hell this guy is talking about?

	You're eqipped with a hundred billion nueron brain, that's
	wired and fired, and it's a reality generating device, but
	you've got too do it.  Free youself  ----Tim Leary----

Thread