1994-04-27 - Re: VMS remailer?

Header Data

From: cfrye@mason1.gmu.edu (Curtis D Frye)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: bd332401e8106934a125c19edf974f83e4f8a51351e18c0de07775a69349058f
Message ID: <9404270428.AA11234@mason1.gmu.edu>
Raw Date: Tue, 26 Apr 94 21:29:11 PDT

Raw message

From: cfrye@mason1.gmu.edu (Curtis D Frye)
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 94 21:29:11 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re:  VMS remailer?

I'm not a programmer, but you might write to a LISTSERV site and ask for the
source code for the LISTSERV managing software.  I would assume that you
would need to make the following modifications:

o  Read the intended user's address from the first line of the message

o  Run the VMS version of a shell script to delete all header information
   above the intended address (like X-Anon-To:cfrye@mason1.gmu.edu)

o  Make the LISTSERV software use that X-Anon-To address as the desination,
   as opposed to a distribution list

o  Destroy all records of the incoming message, which is interesting on a VMS
   account as they are usually kept around for a day (I think?)

OK folks, what am I missing?

Curt

Thread