1994-04-22 - Re: cryptophone ideas

Header Data

From: jamiel@sybase.com (Jamie Lawrence)
To: perry@imsi.com
Message Hash: be3c23a831479b91d3b4d0e93d9844c2bc894e50d6e9782f45d94444efcc3943
Message ID: <9404220013.AA23000@ralph.sybgate.sybase.com>
Raw Date: Thu, 21 Apr 94 17:14:20 PDT

Raw message

From: jamiel@sybase.com (Jamie Lawrence)
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 94 17:14:20 PDT
To: perry@imsi.com
Subject: Re: cryptophone ideas

At  8:06 PM 04/21/94 -0400, Perry E. Metzger wrote:

>Hacking and reprogramming all the base stations is impossible. Its not
>the same as reprogramming the phone. Its the difference between
>learning French and getting everyone in the world to learn French.
>
>Perry

Agreed, but two people can definitely learn french, and you can send
a french dictionary to your friends... Passing instructions a la

"ok, now use that cable you jus bought at radio shack and stick this
wire there, and the other end in the back of the PC..."

is still difficult, but nowhere nearly as impossible as getting your
cousin who works in a diner firm to reburn his ROM. I wasn't looking
at a global accessibility, more as a possibility for a small group.

-j

Thread