1994-04-10 - keywords

Header Data

From: Erich von Hollander <cat@soda.berkeley.edu>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: be48c0405f9c623613c57c1d44882f2c34af327e214c499e59d3ec2be3f3f084
Message ID: <199404101047.DAA01158@soda.berkeley.edu>
Raw Date: Sun, 10 Apr 94 03:47:40 PDT

Raw message

From: Erich von Hollander <cat@soda.berkeley.edu>
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 94 03:47:40 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: keywords

yes, my remailer does insert keywords, and you can expect that i will
continue refinining the keyword insertion system so that it will be harder
to automatically filter out.

some people have said that keywords should be an option, not a default.  i
rejected this idea, because keywords are useless unless they are widely
used.

there is safety in large numbers.

from the cypherpunk perspective, ideally, all or most net communications
would consist of encrypted text, with the only plaintext being keywords, i
think.

if the keywords really do bother you, you can use some other remailer.

also, if you have good keywords lists, please send them to me.  i might have
missed something.