1994-04-05 - RE: Cyberspace, Crypto Anarchy, and Pushing Limits

Header Data

From: Blanc Weber <blancw@microsoft.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: cdd36f1fddd52f36125fb039bc73421ebe7cd6b9add42f0b5d18b77acf3718a6
Message ID: <9404050522.AA01169@netmail2.microsoft.com>
Raw Date: Mon, 4 Apr 94 22:21:23 PDT

Raw message

From: Blanc Weber <blancw@microsoft.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 94 22:21:23 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: RE: Cyberspace, Crypto Anarchy, and Pushing Limits

From: Timothy C. May:

"And we'll be moving our trade, our entertainment, and much of our
lives into cyberspace a whole lot faster than we'll be slowly moving
into low Earth orbit and beyond. In fact, I consider that I'm already
half-way in. In a few years, with Mosaic-like one-touch connectivity,
with a plethora of network choices, with secure remailers and similar
tools to anonymize my transactions, I'll be so far in there'll be [no]
turning back."

	Reach over quietly and s l o w l y  *push* the 'Esc' button.

Actually, some of us could become quite bored and decide to go to the
beach, instead.
Sometime, someday (when you least expect it), you'll have to come out
and do some 3-dimensional living.

Blanc

Thread