1994-04-21 - Re: Blacknet and espionage.

Header Data

From: Black Unicorn <unicorn@access.digex.net>
To: pgf@srl01.cacs.usl.edu
Message Hash: d92adf03819a134733bc11117f38382c05aa265eb62a74e50f03b146a5937683
Message ID: <199404210136.AA06845@access1.digex.net>
Raw Date: Wed, 20 Apr 94 18:36:45 PDT

Raw message

From: Black Unicorn <unicorn@access.digex.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 94 18:36:45 PDT
To: pgf@srl01.cacs.usl.edu
Subject: Re: Blacknet and espionage.

Uh, As far as I've heard, Ames was not a major Blacknet user.
The unknown grunt in the intelligence community who caught
him is another matter.

Hanno Reductionist
<-

You are obviously clueless.

Ames transfered most if not all of his information through Blacknet.
The recent attention to the security of the internet is at least
partially a function of the ease with which export restricitons
and espionage are facilitated on a DAILY BASIS by blacknet.

It is the easiest method of underground data transfer.  Period.

This will [thankfully] be my last post on the subject.
I've drawn quite enough attention to myself already.

Thread