1994-04-12 - Re: alias in phone book

Header Data

From: Sandy Sandfort <sandfort@crl.com>
To: Adam Lake <lake@evansville.edu>
Message Hash: dac5bc55c8b56bd7d1092da72e1b6a3f00d0f6bb3bd23917b022e1d210fea9bf
Message ID: <Pine.3.87.9404121358.A3535-0100000@crl.crl.com>
Reply To: <Pine.3.89.9404121154.D1157-0100000@uenics.evansville.edu>
UTC Datetime: 1994-04-12 20:22:29 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 12 Apr 94 13:22:29 PDT

Raw message

From: Sandy Sandfort <sandfort@crl.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 94 13:22:29 PDT
To: Adam Lake <lake@evansville.edu>
Subject: Re: alias in phone book

C'punks,

On Tue, 12 Apr 1994, Adam Lake wrote:

> . . .
>
> A professor of communications has brought up the fact that it is illegal
> to use a pseudo in the white pages of the phone book.  Is this the case?
> Help!!!!

To the best of my knowledge, your professor is full of it.  For years, I
was listed in the White Pages as "TANSTAFFL."  The phone company put up a
fuss at first, but I bullied them into it.

In the same White Pages a gay bartender in San Francisco's Castro
district used the name, Kate Forna, which in telephone order is:

			Forna, Kate

Works for me.

 S a n d y

Thread