1994-04-04 - Re: THOUGHT: Internation

Header Data

From: Blanc Weber <blancw@microsoft.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: deaab786f9040b4eebede283809eb96086575f9eb59eabcc7bf472224654c75d
Message ID: <9404041930.AA11739@netmail2.microsoft.com>
Raw Date: Mon, 4 Apr 94 12:29:41 PDT

Raw message

From: Blanc Weber <blancw@microsoft.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 94 12:29:41 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: THOUGHT:  Internation

From: Jamie Lawrence

"....... I just would like to know if
those who object to this object on grounds of practicality or ideology (in
other words, for example do you object because you don't believe everyone
is *entitled* to a job......."

having a job = making a living using $
"a living":          having an idea of a kind of life to live
pre-requisite:  having a purpose in life
requisite:          arranging your life to realize (achieve) that purpose
                           following-through on the work required
                           adjusting things around you to suit your
interest/sensibilities

It would be impractical for another person to deliver all of these
things for me at their expense, when they should be spending time on
their own dreams & plans.  It does not represent an ideal method to me
to have my lifestyle delivered to me, while aiming to be an
independent, autonomous individual with a mind of my own.

Otherwise I would be obliged to serve the purposes & interests of those
who supply the means, the job, the money, on their schedule; that is,
whenever they could think of something for me to "do" on the entitled job list.

Blanc

Thread