1994-04-30 - Re: Cypherpunks as lobbying/propagandizing group

Header Data

From: Black Unicorn <unicorn@access.digex.net>
To: jims@Central.KeyWest.MPGN.COM
Message Hash: e5905f145c31af1b4b727e82ad7f4e85cdab860ce6405a1640172cdd1636c4d0
Message ID: <199404300035.AA07728@access1.digex.net>
Raw Date: Fri, 29 Apr 94 17:35:59 PDT

Raw message

From: Black Unicorn <unicorn@access.digex.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 94 17:35:59 PDT
To: jims@Central.KeyWest.MPGN.COM
Subject: Re: Cypherpunks as lobbying/propagandizing group

Jim Sewell says:

  My intent is not to form a group to go lobby congress or anything of
  that nature.  My idea was to create a list of "credentials" for the
  group as a whole so that when active folks do go to the press or to
  meetings between CPSR & the NSA then they can have in their hands a
  bit of "proof" that we aren't the computer-student-woodstock-wannabes
  the NSA et al. say we are.

<-

I don't want the NSA to know what or who I am.

I want them to think we're a bunch of politically isolated geeks.

If they keep saying so, the political opposition to whatever they are
trying to defend on the grounds that the opponents are geeks will
only support us and discredit the NSA in general.

-uni- (Dark)

Thread