1994-04-15 - Re: CPSR Alert 3.06

Header Data

From: Carl Ellison <cme@sw.stratus.com>
To: banisar@washofc.cpsr.org
Message Hash: e7d0f42307008a47dc0da260e2e89200624f07129a545de47eda2e040f0a687d
Message ID: <199404150937.FAA19661@galt.sw.stratus.com>
Raw Date: Fri, 15 Apr 94 02:39:34 PDT

Raw message

From: Carl Ellison <cme@sw.stratus.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 94 02:39:34 PDT
To: banisar@washofc.cpsr.org
Subject: Re:  CPSR Alert 3.06

>Section 1011(b) authorizes the FBI to obtain the credit reports of
>individuals without a warrant if a designee of the Attorney General
>sends a letter to the credit bureau stating that the subject is the
>target of a counter-intelligence investigation and they have "specific
>and articulable facts" that the person is a foreign agent.

I wonder whether exchange of encrypted e-mail with a foreign national
would constitute specific and srticulatable facts that a US citizen
was a foreign agent....

 - Carl

Thread