1994-04-20 - Re: Banyan vine use by US Marine Corps…

Header Data

From: gtoal@an-teallach.com (Graham Toal)
To: jamesf@apple.com
Message Hash: f775d6880f4a639212bf9b2445fcc3cdcb1969deee0d3bf8f39248d282d498f3
Message ID: <199404200137.CAA05060@an-teallach.com>
Raw Date: Tue, 19 Apr 94 18:39:13 PDT

Raw message

From: gtoal@an-teallach.com (Graham Toal)
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 94 18:39:13 PDT
To: jamesf@apple.com
Subject: Re:  Banyan vine use by US Marine Corps...

: I don't know how I got onto this list, or many others to which I seem to
: suddenly belong, but I'd be eternally grateful if you removed me from this one.

What's probably happened is that someone has forged a subscription to
a mailing list or two in your name.  This is a fairly common net prank.
Who have you annoyed recently?

PS The chances of catching the person from the mailer logs of the
various lists you have been subscribed to is small but it's worth
asking the people in charge if the original subscription request
can still be found.  Often there will be clues in the header as
to where the forgery came from.
(Eric, are you listening?)

Thread