1994-04-29 - Re: Apology

Header Data

From: rishab@dxm.ernet.in
To: jims@central.keywest.mpgn.com
Message Hash: fe5cc6530bc5d02f60177954b9feec546037d912a8a67ad6c256ddb1af5c5cb0
Message ID: <gate.RJckLc1w165w@dxm.ernet.in>
Raw Date: Fri, 29 Apr 94 05:17:20 PDT

Raw message

From: rishab@dxm.ernet.in
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 94 05:17:20 PDT
To: jims@central.keywest.mpgn.com
Subject: Re: Apology

"Jim Sewell" <jims@Central.KeyWest.MPGN.COM>:
> I want to apologize to the fine folk on this list that are not Americans
> for my self-centered phrasing.  In everyday life you generally don't
> think of other countries and as such I've probably offended someone.
>
> I in no way meant to imply that everyone is American, that we are the
> most important, or that our political system is the best.
>
> If I offended anyone I apologize and will try to be more cautious with
> my wording in the future.

That's very good of you, Jim, but we non-Americans are quite used to Americans
forgetting that there's something beyond the 50 states ;-)

The thing about Clipper, DT, etc, is of course that though it will affect the
rest of the world (America leads the world into the information society...),
it *is* hapenning in the US. My signature, that of a non-US citizen, non-US
resident, on an Anti-Clipper petition to the US congress is not likely to be
very useful!

Eventually, all of us aim for a world where, to quote Tim's .sig, national
borders are but speed bumps on the information superhighway.

Rishab Aiyer Ghosh                                          rishab@dxm.ernet.in
Voicemail +91 11 3760335; Vox/Fax/Data 6853410
H-34C Saket New Delhi 110017 INDIA

The National Short-Sleeved Shirt Association says:
                                             Support your right to bare arms!