1994-05-03 - Re: Digital Cash

Header Data

From: Jeff Davis <eagle@deeptht.armory.com>
To: Joe Thomas <jthomas@access.digex.net>
Message Hash: 1347ba103c769a6195bd16a839d5967dfdcd923f455139f064224e74e46bcf81
Message ID: <9405030610.aa22247@deeptht.armory.com>
Reply To: <Pine.3.89.9405030856.A14127-0100000@access1.digex.net>
UTC Datetime: 1994-05-03 13:10:52 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 3 May 94 06:10:52 PDT

Raw message

From: Jeff Davis <eagle@deeptht.armory.com>
Date: Tue, 3 May 94 06:10:52 PDT
To: Joe Thomas <jthomas@access.digex.net>
Subject: Re: Digital Cash

> But this question comes up often enough that I'm afraid I'm missing
> something.  Why would offline systems be more useful?

Anonymity.  Digital Cash, in theory, works like Federal Reserve Notes.
Financial transactions can be carried out between individuals with out
a bank as an intermediary.  Therefore, there is no record of the
transaction.  One doesn't have to smear one's fingerprints all over
cyberspace to buy a used bicycle for their child or pay off a Super
Bowl bet.
--
PGP PUBLIC KEY via finger!  JAFEFFM  Speaking & Thinking For Myself!

* eagle@deeptht.armory.com			email info@eff.org *
*** O U T L A W S  On The  E L E C T R O N I C  F R O N T I E R ****
***** Committed to Free Public Internet Access for World Peace *****

Thread