1994-05-15 - Re: Message Havens

Header Data

From: Karl Lui Barrus <klbarrus@owlnet.rice.edu>
To: hfinney@shell.portal.com (Hal)
Message Hash: 1de3a76dbb22d800212741615f3ca9307d4704130a49950af2ba4b04a7eb6736
Message ID: <9405151545.AA03595@flammulated.owlnet.rice.edu>
Reply To: <199405141940.MAA21337@jobe.shell.portal.com>
UTC Datetime: 1994-05-15 15:45:47 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 15 May 94 08:45:47 PDT

Raw message

From: Karl Lui Barrus <klbarrus@owlnet.rice.edu>
Date: Sun, 15 May 94 08:45:47 PDT
To: hfinney@shell.portal.com (Hal)
Subject: Re: Message Havens

Hal wrote:
>Would it have to be public knowledge which message havens a given
>pseudonym monitors?  Suppose I want to get mail to Pr0duct Cypher; don't
>I have to know which haven(s) to use?  If we have only a (few?) hundred
>people on each haven then this narrows down the pool of possible real
>user who are behind that pseudonym considerably.

Hal brings up an excellent point!  I forgot to consider this, if there
are several message havens, then you need to know what havens your
party monitors...

Hm... I guess you'd need to start the conversation by broadcasting the
initial message to all havens.

--
Karl L. Barrus: klbarrus@owlnet.rice.edu
keyID: 5AD633 hash: D1 59 9D 48 72 E9 19 D5  3D F3 93 7E 81 B5 CC 32

"One man's mnemonic is another man's cryptography"
  - my compilers prof discussing file naming in public directories

Thread