1994-05-21 - *Here they come

Header Data

From: “Gary Jeffers” <CCGARY@MIZZOU1.missouri.edu>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 245ef95c108f5523938f33551830cb60400604dc783a6d34e4ca47160c36d0db
Message ID: <9405212348.AA10525@toad.com>
Raw Date: Sat, 21 May 94 16:48:27 PDT

Raw message

From: "Gary Jeffers" <CCGARY@MIZZOU1.missouri.edu>
Date: Sat, 21 May 94 16:48:27 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: *Here they come

   Peter Murphy asks for some clarifications. In "DEATH TO STATISTS",
I, of course, exclude minarchists from the term "statists". For "DEATH
TO STATISTS", I should have substituted "DEATH TO LEFT WING STATISTS"
as they are the kind that particularly infuriate me.  A PC would not be
equivalent to a left wing statist. A PC would have more characteristics
that a left wing statist. I have not figured out the exact recipe for
such monsters yet. Would "DEATH TO PC'S" violate campus speech codes?
Anyway, I think that its important to let them know that we really don't
approve of them. They disapprove of so many things & are go aggressive
about showing their disapproval & intolerance that I think its only
fair.
   Incidentally, I think that people should be aware of the debt that
we owe NEWSWEEK with respect to the "POLITICALLY CORRECT". In their
Dec. 24, 1990 issue, NEWSWEEK attacked the politically correct
enforcers. It was their "THOUGHT POLICE" issue & it devoted at least
10 pages to their abuses. That issue collectivized the term "POLITICALLY
CORRECT". Before that issue, the "POLITICALLY CORRECT" were nameless &
nearly invisible monsters. NEWSWEEK gave us a collectivized sneer word
that we could attack them with. I don't know why the term "THOUGHT
POLICE" didn't catch on big.
   Sorry to be so late in replying.
                                       Yours Truly,
                                       Gary Jeffers