1994-05-31 - Anonymous Remailers

Header Data

From: ghio@cmu.edu (Matthew Ghio)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 26083367ae8f5a723b2019531f75bbc5ed758d9a70d69508426ecc7d519f73c3
Message ID: <9405311912.AA09852@toad.com>
Raw Date: Tue, 31 May 94 12:12:57 PDT

Raw message

From: ghio@cmu.edu (Matthew Ghio)
Date: Tue, 31 May 94 12:12:57 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Anonymous Remailers

First, I'd like to announce that I am running a new remailer.  The
address is ghio@kaiwan.com.  It supports the standard cypherpunks
headers/format, including the ## pasting header.  It also has a 'fuzzy
matching' routine, that should be able to accept all reasonable
variations of Anon-To and Remail-To.  Upper/lower case is unimportant.
No PGP yet, but I should have that done soon.

Second, I want to ask why everyone else's remailers keep disappearing???
We've recently lost three: remail@desert.hacktic.nl, remailer@dis.org,
and ebrandt@jarthur.claremont.edu.  Dis.org made no announcement of the
remailer going down, it just disappeared.

Finally, I have set up an automatic remailer ping system on my account
at CMU.  Finger ghio@andrew.cmu.edu to see the list.  It lists the
address of each remailer, the date and time of the last ping message
that it responded to, and how long (in hours, minutes, and seconds) that
it took to receive the response.

Thread