1994-05-31 - Re: Lawsuit

Header Data

From: “Jim Sewell” <jims@Central.KeyWest.MPGN.COM>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 3f218c82512e38318f466ce90f6937a13f294edaa62a1c6f126a63497ff4ff2a
Message ID: <9405311523.AA17424@Central.KeyWest.MPGN.COM>
Reply To: <199405272154.AA05325@access1.digex.net>
UTC Datetime: 1994-05-31 15:23:51 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 31 May 94 08:23:51 PDT

Raw message

From: "Jim Sewell" <jims@Central.KeyWest.MPGN.COM>
Date: Tue, 31 May 94 08:23:51 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Lawsuit

<In mail Black Unicorn said:>

> Timothy C. May scripsit
> >
> > I'd say you have some sleazy friends, then. For them to fax off copies
> > of what they think of as rants is bad enough, but for one of your
> > contacts to then "alert" the others is mind-boggling.
>
> The context was blurred with each successive forwarding.
> I might add that as the forwarding went on, it ventured farther into the
> "business associate" types, and much farther from the "friend" catagory.

  If the context was blurred by each of the people in the chain of friends
  and associates of yours before the 'uptight business associates' saw it
  then aren't they as responsible for you defamation as tmp is?

  Not an attack... I personally agree that lawsuits are acceptable in the
  right circumstance... merely an observation.

  Jim
--
 Tantalus Inc.          Jim Sewell      Amateur Radio: KD4CKQ
 P.O. Box 2310          Programmer           Internet: jims@mpgn.com

Thread