1994-05-04 - Re: Well users loose for now

Header Data

From: “William Rodham Wisner” <wisner@well.sf.ca.us>
To: steven@well.com
Message Hash: 4927f39b60dd2910ffe6748934f94e95d4b3bef80ab776b6319e8b12dc5a9244
Message ID: <9405041244.ZM24349@well.sf.ca.us>
Reply To: <9405041537.AA23675@ ecotone.toad.com>
UTC Datetime: 1994-05-04 19:45:25 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 4 May 94 12:45:25 PDT

Raw message

From: "William Rodham Wisner" <wisner@well.sf.ca.us>
Date: Wed, 4 May 94 12:45:25 PDT
To: steven@well.com
Subject: Re: Well users loose for now

On May 4,  8:37am, Hugh Daniel wrote:
>   The Well has two IP feeds into the internet, due to
> political/biz_profit/sysadmin problems the two feeds do NOT back each
> other up, and the one that can be seen from toad.com has been down for
> a few days, thus blocking your email.

This is not quite accurate.

The WELL has one IP feed into the Internet, through BARRNET.  The WELL also
has a private T1 line to a TLG customer, and traffic between the WELL and
TLG is routed through this link.  No packets to the rest of the Internet
are sent through TLG.

At least, that was the case.  I just updated our routing tables to send
TLG traffic through BARRNET like everything else, since that TLG link is
down right now.

Thread