1994-05-27 - Re: ecash Press Release

Header Data

From: Sandy Sandfort <sandfort@crl.com>
To: Rolf Michelsen <Rolf.Michelsen@delab.sintef.no>
Message Hash: 4fb7f80261d4e8fbd09f51c163531f6b869109cf7e04760b0af3250eeb2e88e2
Message ID: <Pine.3.87.9405271311.A10167-0100000@crl2.crl.com>
Reply To: <Pine.3.88.9405271512.L23228-0100000-0100000@svme.er.sintef.no>
UTC Datetime: 1994-05-27 21:22:42 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 27 May 94 14:22:42 PDT

Raw message

From: Sandy Sandfort <sandfort@crl.com>
Date: Fri, 27 May 94 14:22:42 PDT
To: Rolf Michelsen <Rolf.Michelsen@delab.sintef.no>
Subject: Re: ecash Press Release

C'punks,

Stop!  Unless you know what you're talking about, there is really no
reason to post about this thread.

On Fri, 27 May 1994, Rolf Michelsen wrote:

> . . .
> Here I think we are nearing the real issue.  We agree that all electronic
> cash schemes require clearing, yes? . . . The DigiCash
> scheme probably is *great* but it won't be *usefull* by everybody in an open
> system before a clearing organization exists.  Due to gouvernment
> regulations etc a clearing system is not trivially implemented. . . .

Wrong.  I thought Perry was quite clear on this.  A clearing "system" is
anyone or anything that will clear a transaction.  Any bank that issues
and/or accepts digital cash may *clear* it.  Folks, we've been through
this before.

You get paid some digital money.  You deposit it to your account at the
1st Digital Bank and Grill.  You go to the store and buy a shirt.  You
pay using the VISA card issued to you by FDB&G.  Need some cash?  Take
your FDB&G ATM card and go to any cash machine displaying the Plus logo.

Simple isn't it?  I don't want to have to explain this again.

 S a n d y

Thread