1994-05-11 - Re: MIT TOC SEMINAR–ADI SHAMIR–MONDAY–MAY 16–4:15pm

Header Data

From: Ed Carp <ecarp@netcom.com>
To: Alan Wexelblat <wex@media.mit.edu>
Message Hash: 4fc6e0e4d7c9b728a1e30ddc7675084b3ebccd224f8d34155de608da47c955ec
Message ID: <Pine.3.89.9405110837.A29509-0100000@netcom10>
Reply To: <9405111509.AA16855@spike.media.mit.edu>
UTC Datetime: 1994-05-11 15:36:10 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 11 May 94 08:36:10 PDT

Raw message

From: Ed Carp <ecarp@netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 11 May 94 08:36:10 PDT
To: Alan Wexelblat <wex@media.mit.edu>
Subject: Re: MIT TOC SEMINAR--ADI SHAMIR--MONDAY--MAY 16--4:15pm

On Wed, 11 May 1994, Alan Wexelblat wrote:

> >                        ``Visual Cryptography''
> >                            by Adi Shamir
> >                  The Weizmann Institute of Science
> >
> >                               ABSTRACT
> >
> >In this talk we consider a new type of cryptographic scheme, which
> >encodes visual information (printed text, handwritten notes, pictures,
> >etc) in a perfectly secure way which can be decoded directly by the
> >human visual system without any cryptographic computations or knowhow.
> >We extend it into a visual variant of the k out of n secret sharing
> >problem, and analyse the combinatorial aspects of such codes.

Quick, someone apply for a patent, before Rivest and crew steal yet
another idea and try to lock it away from people, like they did RSA...

Thread