1994-05-02 - Lobbying/Politics/etc.

Header Data

From: hughes@ah.com (Eric Hughes)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 51edb7c530d33a715052fe1f58994d11aca5972dbe693ca6473481cdf2120109
Message ID: <9405021724.AA26839@ah.com>
Reply To: <9405021600.AA10139@Central.KeyWest.MPGN.COM>
UTC Datetime: 1994-05-02 18:25:25 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 2 May 94 11:25:25 PDT

Raw message

From: hughes@ah.com (Eric Hughes)
Date: Mon, 2 May 94 11:25:25 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Lobbying/Politics/etc.

>   How did Eric Hughes and Phil Karn get to speak the immortal words
>   that DO represent the entire group?

When did this happen?  You should tell me, I'd like to know.

I represent myself as cypherpunks founder, or cypherpunks list
maintainer.

>   Agreed.  Money can be better used elsewhere, IMO, but if folks
>   do end up in the public eye it would be nice to have some
>   concrete definitions the public can use to judge the comments
>   made by those high-visibility people.

cypherpunks: (n) an Internet mailing list about implementations of
cryptography.  Cypherpunks is a venue for those who believe in the
free and widespread use of cryptography; it focuses especially on the
social effects of such deployment.

Eric

Thread