1994-05-11 - Re: Here they come…

Header Data

From: dmandl@lehman.com (David Mandl)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 5c91e57fb3a2c98324b3c4bd8b16df2e3859d973da382fccd88b47b2024f0e96
Message ID: <9405111451.AA04562@disvnm2.lehman.com>
Raw Date: Wed, 11 May 94 07:51:36 PDT

Raw message

From: dmandl@lehman.com (David Mandl)
Date: Wed, 11 May 94 07:51:36 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Here they come...

From: "Perry E. Metzger" <perry@snark.imsi.com>

> The Times has two beat reporters for cyberspace. They are Peter Lewis
> and John Markoff.
>
> Markoff's pieces in the times show remarkable understanding of the
> issues, but Lewis's make it seem like he's never even logged in. I
> suspect he has, but he shows no signs of actually "living" in our
> world. I really find it horrifying that in three articles on the
> subject he has yet to explain the fundamental problem with the jerks
> at Canter&Segal, and even whitewashed their disbarrment in Florida in
> today's piece.

Yes!  I meant to mention this in my post, but in my haste I forgot.
Lewis seems like Markoff's dumber, more reactionary little brother.
I haven't seen anything good from him yet (not that I read the Times
every day).

NYT basher's note: I'm surprised at how "liberal" (in the good sense)
Markoff's articles have been.  Lewis's oblivious and lifeless writing
is more of what I expect to see in the Times.

   --Dave.

Thread