1994-05-24 - PGP 2.6

Header Data

From: pcw@access.digex.net (Peter Wayner)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 605a2be7d3cf7eabb7f8be5dc98090a83a04a3fc82058b7c88cde1d553c09d40
Message ID: <199405241512.AA22672@access1.digex.net>
Raw Date: Tue, 24 May 94 08:12:39 PDT

Raw message

From: pcw@access.digex.net (Peter Wayner)
Date: Tue, 24 May 94 08:12:39 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: PGP 2.6

Here is an exchange I had with the folks at MIT who did PGP2.6. I've
suggested that they delay their anti-patent-infringement gadgetry until
PGP2.6 is more widely available for _all_ platforms.

>>   I use a Macintosh. Is there a Mac PGP 2.6?
>
>Me too. Hopefully we will have a MacPGP 2.6 shortly (I am not sure whether
>we will do the port at MIT, or whether the traditional MacPGP development
>team will do it, probably the later).
>
>                        -Jeff

Perhaps you should delay the expiration of old, pre-RSAREF PGP keys until after
a Mac version is available. That would avoid cutting off a large part
of the populace.

Thread