1994-05-29 - Re: removed from list….

Header Data

From: lefty@apple.com (Lefty)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 720cb284a552c93f742e9c723548720b908848e7da06c461dfb22ea2683edb13
Message ID: <9405290336.AA24106@internal.apple.com>
Raw Date: Sat, 28 May 94 20:37:14 PDT

Raw message

From: lefty@apple.com (Lefty)
Date: Sat, 28 May 94 20:37:14 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: removed from list....

>The cypherpunks list was wiped because of a bug in majordomo, not
>because of some attack.

Thank you for clearing this up; I think it's severely overdue.

I've tried to gently point this out when it came up, but there was never a
_shred_, _scintilla_, _iota_, or _atom_ of evidence that Mr. Nalbandian,
although an extreme dope, was in any way involved in the mass unsubscribing
of a few weeks ago.

I mean, fun's fun and all, but many people on this list are carrying
personal paranoia to an, in my opinion, unhealthy extreme.  Moreover, the
willingness to point at a supposedly guilty party on the basis of no
evidence whatsoever does not speak well of the commitment of many here to
any of the commonly accepted principles of a free society _other_ _than_
that of privacy.  Presumption of innocence?  Reasonable doubt?  Any of
those things ring a bell?

I would even go so far as to suggest that those who have cast blame in Mr.
Nalbandian's direction should apologize to him.

--
Lefty [gYon-Pa] (lefty@apple.com)

Thread