1994-05-17 - Re: Makeing MagicMoney worth something.

Header Data

From: Sameer <sameer@soda.berkeley.edu>
To: nobody@shell.portal.com
Message Hash: 87f9ac23660586539ac711a9957dfa7e6611d456274671ccf4a7556c4c115fed
Message ID: <199405171737.KAA05500@infinity.hip.berkeley.edu>
Reply To: <199405170727.AAA28724@jobe.shell.portal.com>
UTC Datetime: 1994-05-17 18:06:25 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 17 May 94 11:06:25 PDT

Raw message

From: Sameer <sameer@soda.berkeley.edu>
Date: Tue, 17 May 94 11:06:25 PDT
To: nobody@shell.portal.com
Subject: Re: Makeing MagicMoney worth something.

>   One problem with MM (or other digital coin like protocols) is
> makeing the coins worth something.  What could I buy with a Tacky
> Token today?  Does anyone know how much Diet Coke and aluminum a Digi
> Franc is worth (*Nudge* *Nudge*).  GhostMarks?

	Well, once Community ConneXion: The NEXUS-Berkeley is running,
accounts and services will be available for half-price if the other
half is paid in NexusBucks (not yet available). (Eventually I'd like
to move to a full-payment in NexusBucks, but I want to verify that I
can meet my bottom line .. PacBell and The Little Garden don't take
payment in NexusBucks.)
	(TLG willing, this will be running soon)

	Does anyone have any pointers to where I could find out about
LETS? Thanks.

Thread