1994-05-03 - Re: Security Consult. Needed

Header Data

From: Sandy Sandfort <sandfort@crl.com>
To: PMARKS@VAX1.UMKC.EDU
Message Hash: 8fad9b2387343ac4ca281b7dbc6662efd413686a74c59e49230168299f7bac99
Message ID: <Pine.3.87.9405030811.A8518-0100000@crl.crl.com>
Reply To: <01HBVBIMU3XU8WZHFU@VAX1.UMKC.EDU>
UTC Datetime: 1994-05-03 15:59:59 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 3 May 94 08:59:59 PDT

Raw message

From: Sandy Sandfort <sandfort@crl.com>
Date: Tue, 3 May 94 08:59:59 PDT
To: PMARKS@VAX1.UMKC.EDU
Subject: Re: Security Consult. Needed

C'punks,

On Mon, 2 May 1994 PMARKS@VAX1.UMKC.EDU (my alma mater) wrote:

> . . .
> You [Duncan Frissell] are absolutely correct!  . . . It is time for
> cryptographic experts to be recognized as the true professionals they
> are and proudly join the ranks of other professionals who represent
> thieves, extortionists, junkies, drug dealers, embezzelers, etc.
>
> Oh yes, I almost forgot.  Once Clipper is the law of the land, Congressmen
> will no doubt want to keep their private files safe from the snooping eyes
> of their political enemies.  So they will need crypto-consultants to find
> "creative ways" to work around the very regulations they stood by and
> permitted to go into effect. . . .

> Who will be laughing then?

I, for one.  If strong crypto becomes wide-spread, I'll be happy.  If that
means that politicos, publicans and other low-lifes have it too, so be it.
One must take the bad with the good.  Like it or not, that's the way life
works.  Deal with it.

 S a n d y

Thread