1994-05-10 - Re: DigiCash announcement correction

Header Data

From: Diet Coke Fan <jpp@markv.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 998be0e0ce6a3aedfa0ab38c309b2b3a440ce1e0ce6d8875765bebe6f01f8eb0
Message ID: <m0q0xUW-0003ocC@jpplap>
Reply To: <199405101931.AA22223@access1.digex.net>
UTC Datetime: 1994-05-10 20:22:16 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 10 May 94 13:22:16 PDT

Raw message

From: Diet Coke Fan <jpp@markv.com>
Date: Tue, 10 May 94 13:22:16 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: DigiCash announcement correction

> UniBank will begin circulating DigiFrancs at 1:38pm EST Tuesday May 10,
> 1994.  (The moment of peak coverage in the annular eclipse of the sun)
>
> DigiFrancs are backed by 10 cases of Diet Coke, located at the UniBank

10 cases == 240 cans right? or is it 120?

> "vault" reserves in Washington, DC.  DigiFrancs are redeemable for their
> equivalent value in 16 oz Diet Coke cans (unchilled) on demand FAS
what?
> Washington, DC.  This arrangement implies no agreement between any of
> the parties and Coca-Cola company.

The question remains -- how many df's per 12 oz (I assume) can of
coke?  I also assume you mean cans of diet coke, rather than Diet Coke
(brand, and possibly empty) cans.  So, how much aluminun, and how much
Diet Coke brand soft drink is 1 df exchangeable for?

j'

Thread