1994-05-28 - Re: Unicorn suit

Header Data

From: Blanc Weber <blancw@microsoft.com>
To: unicorn@access.digex.net
Message Hash: b14ed76df5f61fe68e53768ba7ed296a5f15be3074be825f923609974ffab531
Message ID: <9405280248.AA03677@netmail2.microsoft.com>
Raw Date: Fri, 27 May 94 20:47:13 PDT

Raw message

From: Blanc Weber <blancw@microsoft.com>
Date: Fri, 27 May 94 20:47:13 PDT
To: unicorn@access.digex.net
Subject: Re: Unicorn suit

From Uni:

Again, it is not my responsibilty to guard myself against defamation.
       <intermediate statements skipped>
I should be able to conduct business, without interference, in peace,
with whomever, whenever, whatever, and however uptight, as I choose.

But who will guard you against defamation when you insist on doing
business so indiscriminately, wouldn't you say that you bear a bit of
responsibility for the kind of associations you engage in which could
endanger your reputation?

If you were doing a furniture business deal with third-world drug lords
(you never know!) and they suddenly declared you to be a scum-bag
lawyer who was really a double-agent spy working with the DEA, could
you expect much success in taking them to court for accusations which
besmirched your reputation?

Guess you could try, huh.  Many things are possible, although somewhat
difficult to achieve.

Blanc

Thread