1994-05-04 - Re: Blum-Blum-Shub source?

Header Data

From: Urban Nilsson <d7urban@dtek.chalmers.se>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: c2cd48247bb85e30d8f05f27c4754130783aae8a2c6cfe6de2748d96ed2d8bd4
Message ID: <199405042333.BAA28966@hacke18.dtek.chalmers.se>
Raw Date: Wed, 4 May 94 16:34:11 PDT

Raw message

From: Urban Nilsson <d7urban@dtek.chalmers.se>
Date: Wed, 4 May 94 16:34:11 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Blum-Blum-Shub source?

Timothy C. May said something along the lines of:

> Of course, only Americans are allowed to use these random number
> generators, and even they face fines of $500,000 and imprisonment for
> up to 5 years for inappopriate use of random numbers.

What inappropriate use is that? Inhaling? And what could possibly
happen to me as a non-American? If some guys in black suits comes
looking for me, I would be very surprised. Perhaps not for long,
but never the less surprised...

Urban Nilsson                     | Use 'finger' for PGP2.3a public key.
Chalmers University of Technology |A person is just as big as the things
Gothenburg, Sweden                |that makes him angry.

Thread