1994-05-28 - Re: Email Stalking on CNN

Header Data

From: Richard Johnson <Richard.Johnson@Colorado.EDU>
To: lile@netcom.com (Lile Elam)
Message Hash: d8d5038cd5fd64b2f29d00b051eb61b166a609df1dc112c8996c5d6ecc46fff4
Message ID: <199405281625.KAA22739@spot.Colorado.EDU>
Reply To: <199405281154.EAA13255@netcom.com>
UTC Datetime: 1994-05-28 16:33:09 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 28 May 94 09:33:09 PDT

Raw message

From: Richard Johnson <Richard.Johnson@Colorado.EDU>
Date: Sat, 28 May 94 09:33:09 PDT
To: lile@netcom.com (Lile Elam)
Subject: Re: Email Stalking on CNN

  From the keyboard of:  lile@netcom.com (Lile Elam)

> I heard it too. I thought, gosh too bad she didn't know about kill
> files....

Does AIL, er, AOL have kill files?  The reporter trying valiantly to
cover the story with some kind of objectivity was reduced to observing
that some people just can't ignore any email - they have some kind of
weird need to read every message.  I guess this goes for messages even
from those they want to ignore.

In order to overcome this, do email kill files have to do their work
silently, so the user can avoid stress about what they're missing?

Richard

Thread