1994-05-29 - Re: Email Stalking on CNN

Header Data

From: Julietta <albright@scf.usc.edu>
To: carterm@spartan.ac.brocku.ca (Mark Carter)
Message Hash: ee0a521bd91d3d446eabc9bb59f10cfaf13693e97d7434461eea5e7fff12607b
Message ID: <199405290822.BAA29102@nunki.usc.edu>
Reply To: <8n$vjiU9QPaH065yn@spartan.ac.brocku.ca>
UTC Datetime: 1994-05-29 08:23:00 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 29 May 94 01:23:00 PDT

Raw message

From: Julietta <albright@scf.usc.edu>
Date: Sun, 29 May 94 01:23:00 PDT
To: carterm@spartan.ac.brocku.ca (Mark Carter)
Subject: Re: Email Stalking on CNN

Mark Carter quoted a previous post:

> > Science and Engineering mailing list) about a recent article in Newsweek
> > which portrays women on the Internet as being intimidated by the technology
> > and the net traffic, going so far as to show pictures of women at their

And responded with:

> Of course this controversy would exist among women on the net, because
> women who _are_ on the net aren't intimidated by the technology.
>
> As a portrait of people who _aren't_ on the net, it would be fairly accurate,
> for both men and women.
>
>        Mark

	Based on what evidence Mark? That article was based almost entirely
on opinions, and on a survey conducted regarding people "dreaming up their
ideal machine". Based on that kind of flimsy, anecdotal evidence
you would say the portrayal of men, women and computer usage
 was an accurate one? I hope to God you're not a scientist.....
because with proof like that, you'd never get anything done. Do you still
believe in the tooth fairy Mr. Carter? People said he/she exists too..

-- Julie

Julie M. Albright
Ph.D Student/ Net Scholar
Department of Sociology