1994-05-19 - Re: Mosaic to support digital money in September

Header Data

From: jamesd@netcom.com (James A. Donald)
To: hfinney@shell.portal.com (Hal)
Message Hash: f813870df87726421a7e80ce864774b3381a022a83c964051670ee157238dcf0
Message ID: <199405191751.KAA15160@netcom.com>
Reply To: <199405191613.JAA11739@jobe.shell.portal.com>
UTC Datetime: 1994-05-19 18:02:35 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 19 May 94 11:02:35 PDT

Raw message

From: jamesd@netcom.com (James A. Donald)
Date: Thu, 19 May 94 11:02:35 PDT
To: hfinney@shell.portal.com (Hal)
Subject: Re: Mosaic to support digital money in September

I wrote:
> > Although the
> > server does not know which of its clients has been
> > transacting with which, it does know the thing that the
> > government is most interested in knowing - how much the
> > client got, and how much he spent.

Hal writes
> The digital cash systems we have been experimenting with do not know
> "how much the client got, and how much he spent."  There is nothing stopping

I stand corrected.

                   |  We have the right to defend ourselves and our
James A. Donald    |  property, because of the kind of animals that we
                   |  are.  True law derives from this right, not from
jamesd@netcom.com  |  the arbitrary power of the omnipotent state.

Thread