1994-06-17 - Re: “The Virtual Hand”: Free-market Internet guide

Header Data

From: snyderra@dunx1.ocs.drexel.edu (Bob Snyder)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 00e5d3dccccaeee1b5c76a20b7d76387c4d82b88b7bd92a18bd9e437c0cfab52
Message ID: <199406171235.IAA18379@dunx1.ocs.drexel.edu>
Raw Date: Fri, 17 Jun 94 05:36:54 PDT

Raw message

From: snyderra@dunx1.ocs.drexel.edu (Bob Snyder)
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 94 05:36:54 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: "The Virtual Hand": Free-market Internet guide

At  2:30 AM 6/17/94 -0700, Tommy the Tourist wrote:
>> >[Please distribute this as widely as you see fit.  Thanks -- Sasha Volokh]
>> >
>> >The Competitive Enterprise Institute is pleased to announce:
>> >
>> >                THE VIRTUAL HAND
>> >
>> >                CEI'S FREE-MARKET GUIDE TO THE
>> >                INFORMATION SUPERHIGHWAY
>   Didn't look like a spam to me. It looked like a very targeted ad
>to a receptive audience. Cypherpunks contains, after all, a high
>population of libertarians and free market types. All net advertising
>is not bad.

Cypherpunks also can contains, after all, a high population of computer
users.  Does that mean that Apple or Compaq sending ads to the list
wouldn't be bad?

If it's target was libertarians, it should have been sent to one of the
various libertarian lists/groups.

Bob

--
Bob Snyder N2KGO                                     MIME, RIPEM mail accepted
snyderra@dunx1.ocs.drexel.edu                       finger for RIPEM public key