1994-06-01 - Re: clipper patent troubles?

Header Data

From: “Perry E. Metzger” <perry@imsi.com>
To: Brian D Williams <talon57@well.sf.ca.us>
Message Hash: 03e68ddd3ef61176342ac8ea46032a7319c3729f654a92ffead7dfdb5aaf2f06
Message ID: <9406011420.AA00353@snark.imsi.com>
Reply To: <199406011349.GAA21026@well.sf.ca.us>
UTC Datetime: 1994-06-01 14:20:17 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 1 Jun 94 07:20:17 PDT

Raw message

From: "Perry E. Metzger" <perry@imsi.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 94 07:20:17 PDT
To: Brian D Williams <talon57@well.sf.ca.us>
Subject: Re: clipper patent troubles?

Given that Micali is one of the "the government is here to help you"
crowd, I doubt he'll demand anything that actually makes Clipper
impractical. However, I will note that he's damaged his credibility as
a pro-clipper speaker, both because he now stands to personally profit
from it, and because he's made the following silly statement:

> "I didn't think that in dealing with the U.S. government, I would
> need a lawyer," Micali says. "I may be proved wrong."

The naivete is astonishing, but at least he admits that he may be
wrong on this point.

Perry

Thread