1994-06-08 - (None)

Header Data

From: Jeff Gostin <jgostin@eternal.pha.pa.us>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 2480eed472f095b2403e9984de6afb5dc8c4edcf62d4b7b424c00479945808b0
Message ID: <940608131840c0Gjgostin@eternal.pha.pa.us>
Raw Date: Wed, 8 Jun 94 11:20:29 PDT

Raw message

From: Jeff Gostin <jgostin@eternal.pha.pa.us>
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 94 11:20:29 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: (None)

Jim choate <ravage@bga.com> writes:

>  For a group to comit conspiracy they have to actually do something other
> than
> just talk about it. For example, you and I are discussing robbing a bank over
> lunch, nothing illegal about that. However(!), the instant you say "lets use
> my car" or "I have a gun we can use" then you have committed conspiracy.
     My (non-professional) understanding is that conspiracy just requires
intent to commit a crime. Two people sitting around a table, throwing
around hypothetics is no big deal. Two people, sitting around a table,
making plans, OTOH, is.

> It is my understanding that conspiracy is a felony even if the crime is a
> misdemeanor...
I think you're right, although I'm not sure I understand that rationale
behind it...

                                   --Jeff
--
  ==    ==        | The new, improved, environmentally safe, bigger, better,|

Thread