1994-06-23 - Re: !A Question of Copyright

Header Data

From: jktaber@netcom.com (John K. Taber)
To: rarachel@prism.poly.edu (Arsen Ray Arachelian)
Message Hash: 2860a0b83461545f7750b15b0735b119181cc34817a6bf8a428bdbcac4ff19f9
Message ID: <199406231439.JAA00415@netcom9.netcom.com>
Reply To: <9406230219.AA17000@prism.poly.edu>
UTC Datetime: 1994-06-23 14:39:02 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 23 Jun 94 07:39:02 PDT

Raw message

From: jktaber@netcom.com (John K. Taber)
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 94 07:39:02 PDT
To: rarachel@prism.poly.edu (Arsen Ray Arachelian)
Subject: Re: !A Question of Copyright

> For the PC Expo disk distribution I would like to use some of the articles
> that have been "liberated" on here.  These include NYT and LAT articles as well
> as several other magazines and papers.
>
> I have been told by a professor that as long as I label the diskettes as
> "For Educational Purposes" I can distribute these articles.  Should I do so?
> I'd rather not get sued on this, so if there be a lawyer here, please
> advise...
>

> (For those just tuning in, I and several other cypherpunks will be giving out
> free disks at PC Expo with PGP, other crypto software, and crypto articles as
> a mini anti-clipper/digital telephony campaign...

If you have time, why not ask the NYT and LAT for permission.  I'll bet that
they will be glad to grant it, but it will take a few weeks.

Thread