1994-06-06 - Re: 6/6 New Yorker anti-crypto propaganda

Header Data

From: paul@hawksbill.sprintmrn.com (Paul Ferguson)
To: 71431.2564@CompuServe.COM (Bradley W. Dolan)
Message Hash: 36d02a5f682e446a94f40456eb957131de040256ef6334118e320ede4148ccb1
Message ID: <9406060232.AA09097@hawksbill.sprintmrn.com>
Reply To: <940606010046_71431.2564_FHA46-1@CompuServe.COM>
UTC Datetime: 1994-06-06 01:30:19 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 5 Jun 94 18:30:19 PDT

Raw message

From: paul@hawksbill.sprintmrn.com (Paul Ferguson)
Date: Sun, 5 Jun 94 18:30:19 PDT
To: 71431.2564@CompuServe.COM (Bradley W. Dolan)
Subject: Re: 6/6 New Yorker anti-crypto propaganda

> Highlights of "My First Flame", an article by John Seabrook in the
> 6/6/94 _New Yorker_ which explains why we need a benevolent government
> to help regulate the internet (a very sophisticated piece of
> propaganda, IMHO):

Sounds like Mr. Seabrook may be just slightly anal retentive, only
a tad dangerous with his visions of a "kinder, gentler" net.

The culture that is "the Internet" is an anarchy and will probably
remain that way for some time to come. If he desires a more
sanitized on-line world, he should probably stick to Prodigy.

Attitudes like his, in my own opinion, are what has made this
country (Amerika) a nation of overly sensitive dolts.

Cheers,

(speaking only for myself -- certainly not for Sprint...)
Paul Ferguson
US Sprint
Enterprise Internet Engineering                    tel: 703.904.2437
Herndon, Virginia  USA                        internet: paul@hawk.sprintmrn.com

Thread