1994-06-17 - Re: Crypto export legislation defeated in House Intelligence Cmte.

Header Data

From: paul@hawksbill.sprintmrn.com (Paul Ferguson)
To: frezza@radiomail.net (Bill Frezza)
Message Hash: 5408c04a535a685dd81a9237b87e4a59284359f118083efe5eef71d9783be433
Message ID: <9406171320.AA05846@hawksbill.sprintmrn.com>
Reply To: <199406171202.AA20056@radiomail.net>
UTC Datetime: 1994-06-17 12:18:28 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 17 Jun 94 05:18:28 PDT

Raw message

From: paul@hawksbill.sprintmrn.com (Paul Ferguson)
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 94 05:18:28 PDT
To: frezza@radiomail.net (Bill Frezza)
Subject: Re: Crypto export legislation defeated in House Intelligence Cmte.

> So much for lobbying.
>
> Look, something is going on here that doesn't meet the eye. Nothing is
> ever unanimous in Washington. These guys were told something by somebody
> that caused them to vote like this. You can bet it had nothing to do with
> terrorists, drug pushers, or pedophiles. Why don't you expend
> some effort to find out what they were told and by whom so we could learn
> what this issue is really about because it is NOT about "national security".

Bills right. Something's rotten to the proverbial core.

- paul

Thread