1994-06-12 - Encrypted Military Information Broadcasts

Header Data

From: nobody@shell.portal.com
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 66aa08b46da51aa4835c5b4c88fa6e4aaef8dea9b1155d659f0ef4c6e469fdea
Message ID: <199406120715.AAA27076@jobe.shell.portal.com>
Raw Date: Sun, 12 Jun 94 00:14:16 PDT

Raw message

From: nobody@shell.portal.com
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 94 00:14:16 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Encrypted Military Information Broadcasts

From reading unclassified literature related to a device called a
"Commanders' Tactical Terminal/Hybrid-Receive Only" (CTT/H-R) manufactured
by E-Systems, I've heard of such things as:

    Tactical Information Broadcasting Service (TIBS)
    Tactical Reconnaissance Equipment and Related Applications (TRAP)
    Tactical Data Information Exchange System Broadcast (TADIXS-B)
    CONSTANT SOURCE
    SENIOR SPAN

It also mentions "embedded COMSEC modules based on CTIC and Ricebird
crypto chips".

Reading between the lines, it seems to be some sort of encrypted
information distribution system.  Is there an UNclassified (and brief)
description of the function and usage of each of these available
somewhere, hopefully that could be posted here?  Thanks.

My job situation is such that it wouldn't be prudent or me to ask these
questions openly, hence my use of an anon server.

PLEASE NOTE: This is not a solicitation of classified information.

Thread