1994-06-15 - [ANSWER] NIST’s ftp site

Header Data

From: jim@bilbo.suite.com (Jim Miller)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 6b408706a1d12bae3fda0d209a0461830a8191dc2a91d67b208812d397a679b9
Message ID: <9406151925.AA25875@bilbo.suite.com>
Raw Date: Wed, 15 Jun 94 12:26:41 PDT

Raw message

From: jim@bilbo.suite.com (Jim Miller)
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 94 12:26:41 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: [ANSWER] NIST's ftp site

Thanks to all who responded to my question.

The answer is:  csrc.ncsl.nist.gov

Also, apparently, source for DES was in Appendix A of the file
"/pub/nistpubs/fips181.txt".  However, it was removed and replaced with
the following:

                                                 Appendix A

This section contained a listing of the source code referenced in the
Automated Password Generator Standard.  This section is not available
in electronic form.

Complete copies of FIPS 181, including this appendix, may be purchased
in hardcopy from the National Technical Information Service (NTIS) via
mail or telephone.

	National Technical Information Service
	U.S. Department of Commerce
	5285 Port Royal Road

	Springfield, VA 22161
	(703) 487-4650

	Order by FIPSPUB181
	Price: $22.50

(Same address and phone number for discount prices on quantity orders.)

I wonder if they'll ship to an address outside of the US or Canada?  I
wonder if the people who package and mail the stuff even look at it?

Jim_Miller@suite.com

Thread