1994-06-19 - TV AS A SOURCE OF KNOWLEDGE

Header Data

From: Sandy Sandfort <sandfort@crl.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 6ea67cf43c5906d131d3b66ce066e47d93ed0729a77cdaaf3593931f58e1a4d5
Message ID: <Pine.3.87.9406191434.A4659-0100000@crl.crl.com>
Raw Date: Sun, 19 Jun 94 14:27:40 PDT

Raw message

From: Sandy Sandfort <sandfort@crl.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 94 14:27:40 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: TV AS A SOURCE OF KNOWLEDGE

C'punks,

I just watched the latest episode of "Acapulco H.E.A.T." In this weeks
show, "Codename: Ghost," the Bad Guy is a renegade CIA agent who has
become an arms dealer on the Black Market.  He controls his far flung
organization via encrypted e-mail over the Internet.  The H.E.A.T. team
foils his dastardly plans by *intercepting* his e-mail and sending on
*forged* messages signed with his own *code* (digital signature?).  Too
bad he wasn't a renegade NSA agent (or a Cypherpunk), then he might have
had the good sense to use strong crypto.  Yeah, I guess there must be dumb
criminals who would use Clipper or the like.

WHY I WATCH ACAPULCO H.E.A.T.

Cheap thrills.  Lots of babes in bikinis, lots of guns, lots of car chases
and lots of explosions.  (Subtract 2 points for Fabio.)  I would kill for
a night with the woman who plays "Cat" (Alison Something-or-other).

WHY YOU SHOULD WATCH ACAPULCO H.E.A.T.

We can see really good TV and movies again and again.  If you miss it the
first time, it will be back again, soon enough.  The really bad stuff is
gone in a heartbeat.  See it now, or never see it again (unless it becomes
a cult show).

 S a n d y

Thread