1994-06-01 - Cypherpunks’ Electronic Book2

Header Data

From: hughes@ah.com (Eric Hughes)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 79733c6ac1f4da2d2f2df33fd1b7c5c6218b631a43dfc3e50b8cd1f76276624f
Message ID: <9406011535.AA03803@ah.com>
Reply To: <9405311930.AA10172@toad.com>
UTC Datetime: 1994-06-01 15:28:09 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 1 Jun 94 08:28:09 PDT

Raw message

From: hughes@ah.com (Eric Hughes)
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 94 08:28:09 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Cypherpunks' Electronic Book2

      Well, my evil plan to volunteer Eric Hughes's time  for my
   Cypherpunk's Electronic Book has not worked out as well as I had hoped

If you really had me in particular in mind, you should use private
email.  Since you did not, I assume there are others you may be trying
to interest.

   Eric, it is crucial to the project that
   you give out permissions for some people to change Majordomo,

I can't give you that permission; I don't have that permission myself.

More generally, just because the cypherpunks list runs on toad.com
does not mean that toad.com is a common resource for all list members.
Gary is not the first to assume this; I do hope he will be one of the
last.

   I think
   CEB will generate a life of its own.

Four incarnation of a cypherpunks FAQ did not generate a life of their
own.  I see this as having strong parallels.

Let me repeat my earlier suggestion.  You, Gary Jeffers, can run this
out of your own account with a mail filter.  If you can't write it
yourself, you can ask for someone to help you set it up.  Everyone
who's put up a remailer has put up something similar to what you want.

Eric

Thread