1994-06-22 - Re: Unofficial Release

Header Data

From: trollins@debbie.telos.com (Tom Rollins)
To: N/A
Message Hash: 84e9bc5fb7e67704889016d0bf873b262a15bb914e552a9a27030e199fc4f2d6
Message ID: <9406221407.AA04259@debbie.telos.com>
Raw Date: Wed, 22 Jun 94 07:07:22 PDT

Raw message

From: trollins@debbie.telos.com (Tom Rollins)
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 94 07:07:22 PDT
Subject: Re: Unofficial Release

Perry @ insi.com says:
>Way overkill. Remember that 2000 is not just twice as hard as 1000 --
>even breakthroughs that improved factoring speed by factors of
>thousands couldn't break 2000 bit keys any century soon, if ever. I'd
>worry more about my key management -- before putting in even the
>effort to crack a 1500 bit key they are likely to just listen in on
>the emmissions from your keyboard and monitor.

Ahhhh, It is nice to know that people won't even TRY to crack
big keys. Cracking, you know, is a lot like the lotto. You
MIGHT guess the correct key on the first TRY. But, if you
don't TRY, then you won't crack the key.

	"Gotta play to win"

				-tom

Thread