1994-06-03 - DSS Diffie-Helman program

Header Data

From: rishab@dxm.ernet.in
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 925f679c7851c268c89fd2ba1978da3e74fe525dab4c502d1ec3676c82c85a38
Message ID: <gate.FFXBNc1w165w@dxm.ernet.in>
Raw Date: Thu, 2 Jun 94 19:55:47 PDT

Raw message

From: rishab@dxm.ernet.in
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 94 19:55:47 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: DSS Diffie-Helman program

Jay Prime Positive <jpp@jpplap.markv.com>:

>   There exist signature standards other than RSA.  Perhaps the USA's
> DSS can be exported.  If not, there may well be other systems out
> there.  Feel free to implement DSS, or others.

Vouch 1.0 does DSS and encryption with Diffie-Helman key exchange. The DOS
executables are at:
garbo.uwasa.fi /pub/pc/crypt/vouch10.zip

No ITAR problems, it's been developed by Awais Hussain in Pakistan.

Freeware, no source code. Awais is not on the Net (Pakistan doesn't appear to
have a gateway), and may not be aware of the need for GPL style stuff. I'm
trying to get in touch with him, but the only contact info in the docs is a
post box number in Islamabad, and snail mail takes time...

The program itself seems ok, with decent key management etc, though we
obviously don't want to rely on it without available source.

Thread