1994-06-14 - Timed Released Crypto

Header Data

From: Karl Lui Barrus <klbarrus@owlnet.rice.edu>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: bb1779169653aaa7c3b6ca728cd722b0f9db299801b7f4c433272d460f82fd6f
Message ID: <9406142341.AA06027@flammulated.owlnet.rice.edu>
Raw Date: Tue, 14 Jun 94 16:41:27 PDT

Raw message

From: Karl Lui Barrus <klbarrus@owlnet.rice.edu>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 94 16:41:27 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Timed Released Crypto

(been absent from the list for a long time since Rice disabled remote
dialups AGAIN)

I see there was a question on how to encrypt something to be read in
the future.  Several months ago Tim May sent a post covering this very
topic - "Timed Released Crypto", which is at the gopher site

chaos.bsu.edu

in the Protocols directory.  The archive is now a menu item from the
top level directory which is called something like "Cypherpunks Gopher
Archive"

I just mention this since I don't see any followups which mention
this.  But then I have very few messages from the list given I haven't
been able to check mail in a week and a half.

--
Karl L. Barrus: klbarrus@owlnet.rice.edu
keyID: 5AD633 hash: D1 59 9D 48 72 E9 19 D5  3D F3 93 7E 81 B5 CC 32

"One man's mnemonic is another man's cryptography"
  - my compilers prof discussing file naming in public directories

Thread